Facing north with superb views over the Tay valley and hills beyond, the garden occupies roughly four acres.
Apart from the walled garden there is also a less formal wooded garden with a burn. A large collection of ericaceous plants including rhododendron, predominantly dwarf species and hybrids, azaleas, daphnes, heaths, phyllodoces, polygolas etc. The summerhouse was built in about 1930 for Mr Hutchinson and his brother and sisters as children.
The garden contains a very extensive collection of trees, shrubs, bulbs and perennials. The family mausoleum in the burial ground contains the tombs of two members of the Menzies family and their wives, who originally developed the garden. The property passed out of the hands of the Menzies in 1806.